The Office of Admissions coordinates all freshman admission for the University of Florida.
This is a competitive process and only a limited number of spaces are available.
The MAE department has no direct input to the freshman admission decisions.
We encourage you to visit the Office of Admission web site for more information.
Students may transfer to the MAE department from a variety of other programs, including other departments at UF, other universities and community colleges. The following general criterion are used to evaluate students for transfer admission:
- A minimum 2.0 overall GPA (see note below)
- A minimum 2.5 GPA in critical tracking courses
- A grade of C or better in each critical tracking course (max of two attempts in each course)
- CHM2045 Chemistry 1
- Science Elective (BSC2010, CHM2046/2096, PHY3101 or AST3018/3019)
- MAC2311 Analytical Geometry and Calculus 1
- MAC2312 Analytical Geometry and Calculus 2
- MAC2313 Analytical Geometry and Calculus 3
- MAP2302 Differential Equations
- PHY2048 Physics 1 (with calculus)
- PHY2049 Physics 2 (with calculus)
Special Notes for Community College Transfers
Community College transfer students should have completed at least 6 of the 8 critical tracking
courses prior to enrolling at UF and also have earned the AA degree prior to enrolling at UF.
We encourage community college transfer students to apply during their last semester of study before
earning the AA degree. Community college students who have completed the AA degree but have completed
less than 6 critical tracking courses may be required to remain at the community college to complete
these courses prior to enrolling at UF.
Note: these admission critierion are subject to revision without notice.
Click here for UF Undergraduate Catalog