The MAE Facilities Office is responsible for maintenance, repairs, renovations, improvements, and signage of Departmental buildings and facilities. We manage the security of buildings and rooms through distribution of keys, codes, and card reader access; maintain and improve departmental telecommunications systems; and track and account for all incoming and outgoing departmental properties.
The MAE Facilities Office is also responsible for all packages that are shipped by UPS, FedEx, etc. For further assistance please contact Jeff Studstill and refer to the links below:
- Jeff Studstill (134 MAE-C): 392-7591 firstname.lastname@example.org
Shipping and Receiving
- Official Mailing Address for shipping and receiving:
Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Department
University of Florida
Room 134, Building MAE-C
571 Gale Lemerand Drive
Gainesville, FL 32611
- To request FedEx shipping label, please complete the online request form.
Door Codes and After Hours Access Information
- Door Codes and After Hours Access are provided through your GatorOne card or by a code to be used on a keypad. Access is given to only those buildings and rooms for which you need access to.
Outside Access to Buildings
The outside doors work on a card swipe system using your GatorOne card. You MUST have a GatorOne card in order to use the card swipe system. Access to the buildings must be approved by your Professor. Access is granted to only those buildings that you have a valid need to access.
Inside Access to Research Labs
All research labs have keypads on the doors for keyless access. Access to the research labs must be approved by the Professor responsible for that lab. One Professor can not approve your access to another Professor's research area or office. Each person will be issued a unique access code. Do not share your access code with others. You are responsible for the security of your access code.
- To submit your request to access a building or a lab, use the following online Request Form.
- Your access to the MAE Buildings will be deactivated upon your departure or graduation.
Office and Building Keys Information
Keys to buildings and rooms are issued on a very limited basis.
In most cases, the doors to enter the buildings and the inside doors to the research labs have electronics keypads or a card swipe system. As a general rule, office keys are no longer needed by any students. If a key is needed to access a building or room, fill out the Request Form and explain your need for a key in the Additional Information field. (recreate this online form)
All keys remain the property of the University of Florida, are NOT to be duplicated and must be returned to the Facilities Office on your departure. You are responsible for the security of any keys issued to you.