Human Resources Internship
Summer 2017 Human Resources Internship
Location: Sarasota, FL
The HR Intern has the responsibility to assist the HR team in attracting top talent to grow the business as well as performing administrative responsibilities in support of HR functions. Safran’s paid internship program allows students the opportunity to gain valuable and applicable work experience in a fast-paced and challenging environment. The HR team will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience. The internship is for the duration of the summer with flexible start dates and will mainly be focused on recruiting.
- Post jobs internally, on company website, state agency website, and other venues as required
- Collaborate with hiring managers to ensure job requirements and expectations are clearly understood and candidates are assessed against appropriate criteria
- Screen Resumes and forward information to hiring manager
- Regular follow-up with the respective hiring managers and candidates to ensure timeliness of the recruitment process
- Schedule phone and on-site interviews
- Perform phone interviews
- Maintain applicant flow log for Affirmative Action purposes
- Attend any career fairs if applicable
- Research other posting options for specialized roles as needed
- Source for passive candidates through LinkedIn, Indeed, or other related site(s)
- Manage correspondence with external contacts and staffing agencies
- Write job offers for approval from senior HR staff
- Assist in new employee onboarding
- Process background checks and drug screens
- Process payroll for temporary employees
- Process employee changes (supervisor changes, department, pay, leave of absence, etc.) in HRIS system (ADP)
- Maintain employee personnel files
- Answer basic employee questions related to payroll, benefits, etc.
- Support the planning, coordination, and execution of employee events
- Providing other administrative support as needed
- Education: Candidate should have completed 2 years of course work leading to a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology, Business Administration, or related field from an accredited institution.
- Understanding of employment laws a must.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Ability to excellently organize, manage time, and communicate orally and in writing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to demonstrate internal leadership and collaborate to deliver projects to clients with agreed upon scope and timeline.
- Ability to be mentored, grow, and work harmoniously as a part of a larger team.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Human Resources Generalist
Safran Electrical & Power