Nagaraj K. Arakere
Professor Arakere received his Ph.D. in 1988 from Arizona State Univeristy. His research interests include Damage mechanics of structural materials subjected to monotonic and fatigue loading, Fatigue life evaluation, Rolling contact fatigue, Spall propagation, Superalloys, Foams, Related constitutive and finite element model development, and Dynamics of rotor-bearing systems.
Fatigue, fracture, microstructure-sensitive design, monotonic and cyclic deformation response, Ultra-high strength bearing steels, Single crystal nickel-base superalloys, contact mechanics, fatigue spall propagation, and related constitutive and finite element model development.
Failure of materials in design, Fatigue, Fracture mechanics, Contact mechanics, Vibrations, Rotor dynamics
- A. Pandkar, N. Arakere, G. Subhash, 2015, “Ratcheting-Based Microstructure-Sensitive Modeling of Cyclic Hardening Response of Case-Hardened Bearing Steels Subject to Rolling Contact Fatigue,” International Journal of Fatigue, 73, pp. 119-131.
- A. Pandkar, N. Arakere, G. Subhash, 2014, “Microstructure-Sensitive Accumulation of Plastic Strain due to Ratcheting in Bearing Steels Subject to Rolling Contact Fatigue,” International Journal of Fatigue, 63, pp. 191-202.
- P.A. Sabnis, S. Forest, N. Arakere, V. Yastrebov, 2013, “Crystal plasticity analysis of cylindrical indentation on a Ni-base single crystal superalloy,” The International Journal of Plasticity., 51, pp. 200-217.
- Klecka, M., Subhash, G., Arakere, N. K., 2013, “Microstructure-Property Relationships in M50-NiL and P675 Case Hardened Bearing Steels,” Tribology Transactions, 56, pp. 1046-1059, DOI: 10.1080/10402004.2013.818393.
- P.A. Sabnis, M. Mazière, S. Forest, N. K. Arakere, F. Ebrahimi, 2012, “Effect of secondary orientation on notch-tip plasticity in superalloy single crystals,” The International Journal of Plasticity., 28, pp. 102-123.
- Branch, N., Arakere, N. K., Svendsen, V., 2012, Forster, N., “Fatigue Spall Propagation in Case Hardened Hybrid Ball Bearings,” International Journal of Fatigue, 47, pp. 268-278.
- Branch, N., Arakere, N. K., Subhash, G., Klecka, M., 2011, "Determination of Constitutive Response of Plastically Graded Materials," The International Journal of Plasticity, 27, pp. 728-738.